The Magician's I Ching
The Magician's I Ching is a complete workbook for I Ching study, written in a serious but approachable style, for use from the beginner to the very advanced level, and for anyone who is interested in understanding the I Ching in both Theory and Practice. It includes:
- The complete core Zhou Yi text of the I Ching, in a new version designed for understanding the I Ching’s teachings from the viewpoint of the western esoteric tradition, with commentary and a glossary of common terms and symbols of the I Ching.
- A format intended to be used as a practical divination tool, with easy-to-understand guidance for using the book as a raw beginner, intermediate, or advanced student.
- An overview of various methods of casting the I Ching, including a brand new method (the Four Staves method) that matches the probabilities of the traditional system while being easier to quickly apply, for the magician-on-the-go.
- An explanation of the secrets of how the I Ching understands reality and Time.
- The revelation of how I Ching is more than just a divination tool, but also works as a system of self-transformation; a handbook for performing the Great Work of embodying the Superior Individual.
- Study guidelines for how to integrate the I Ching into your spiritual or magical practices.
- Explanations of how the I Ching relates to western esoteric systems like the Qabalah, the western elemental system, and astrology.
- An overview of the history of the I Ching from Fu Xi to Aleister Crowley.
- A complete presentation of Shao Yung’s “Plum Blossom” system of I Ching numerology, including how to generate an I Ching natal chart.
The Magician’s I Ching is an invaluable resource to any serious student, providing material for years of practical use.